"The Bicycle Ride Across Tennessee (BRAT) is a multi-day bicycle tour through a different part of Tennessee each year. The ride travels from one Tennessee State Park to another through the beautiful backroads of the state. With 2019 bringing the 30th year of this bike tour, we have thousands of riders who have joined us through small towns, big cities, East Tennessee mountains, and the West Tennessee delta to see the best of what the Volunteer state has to offer."
Dates: September 13 - 19th
Length: 7 Day 6 Night
Distance: 180 - 329 miles
Daily Average: 36 - 54 miles
Single Occupancy: $500
Double Occupancy: $600
*Open Camping: $250
*Open Camping - Use all your own equipment and set yourself up. We will reserve an open area to place your tent and you have full access to all other Alpaca amenities!
At this time, we do not offer our services A-la-carte. You must register for a camping package in order to take advantage of any of Alpaca services listed below.
All tour packages are supplemental to your BRAT registration. You must have a confirmed registration with Bike Ride Across Tennessee to use this service.
- Airport Shuttle and State Park Transfer
- Marmot Limestone 6 man tent with setup and teardown
- Inflated Air Mattress
- Luggage Transportation and delivery to tent
- Daily Cotton Bath Towel
- Lawn Chair and Shaded Area
- Snacks with Soft Drinks and Water
- No Drama Llama Cafe - Morning Coffee and Hot Tea
- Communal Cooler with Ice (BYOB)
- Secure Charging Station for electronics - Phones, Laptops etc.
- Alpaca Bike Corral, Air Pumps and Bicycle Work Stand
- Music in communal area with lawn games and board games etc.
The Charter Experience - Without the Charter Drama
Our goal for BRAT is to provide an exclusive group of riders with a highly personalized experience.
I will be flying in for the BRAT. What's the best way to get there?
The closest airport is:
- Nashville International Airport (BNA): 1.5 hour drive
Alpaca Adventure Tours will be offering a shuttle from the Nashville International Airport to Natchez Trace State Park on Friday September 13th (Time TBD). Because of the distance, we will only make one trip.
Our shuttle service includes a transfer from Natchez Trace State Park to Montgomery Bell State Park.
On the last day we will offer a shuttle from Montgomery Bell State Park back to Nashville International Airport (Time TBD)
If you arrive outside our shuttle window, we recommend using a rental car. If you choose shuttle service or ride share, such as Uber or Lyft, use code mllux for $20 off your first ride with Uber.
Questions about the tour...
Are there any meals included?
- We will offer coffee in the mornings and we will have light snacks with soda and water in camp in the evenings but no full meals.
What do we do about showers and restrooms?
- BRAT provides access to bathhouses with showers and restrooms along with additional port-o-potties.
Will there be electricity to use my CPAP machine?
- At this time, we can not guarantee each overnight location has electric hookup. We recommend using a portable battery - we will make sure it's fully charged during the day while you ride!
If you are going to be shipping your bicycle and would like Alpaca Adventure Tours to transport and assemble your bicycle, we recommend using Air Caddy (www.AirCaddy.com). You can ship your bicycle to Alpaca Adventure Tours, we will receive and assemble your bicycle, then transport it to the start of the ride. At the end of the ride, we will disassemble, repack and ship the bicycle back to you. The cost of the box and shipping are not included in the service fee.
Air Caddy Bike Box and Ship Price:
- Round Trip: $60
- One Way: $40
Standard Hard Case Box and Ship Price:
- Round Trip: $150
- One Way: $75